Top 10 Questions to Ask On a College Tour
About to take a college tour? Rest assure, this article will literally be the guide you need. This article will be exploring the top questions that you need to ask as you embark on a college tour.
These questions are certain to help you make the best decision regarding the type of college you want to enroll and what you hope or aspired to get from it.
We will also look at the questions to avoid on a college tour. Knowing the questions to avoid as well is important. Getting answers to the wrong questions can also land you in trouble.
What is a college tour?
A college tour otherwise known as a campus tour is a tour of a university or college campus. This tour is taken by prospective students with their family members to learn about the college or university and their facilities including the programs offered in the institution. During this tour, prospective students ask questions and are able to learn about the infrastructure of the school and how things function around there. Many colleges offer their tours via the internet, which is a virtual college tour.
Why a school might look good on paper, it might turn out to be the exact opposite. Taking a tour of your prospective college helps you gain understanding of what the campus really looks like.
Benefits of a College Tour
Here are some reasons why you should take a college tour
- A college book, websiteetc can only show you so much.
- Knowing the actual look of the college in reality.
- The little time you invest in the tour now can save you thousands of dollars in the future
- The visit will provide you with a complete picture of the whole.
- The opportunity to ask questions and get direct answers
- The opportunity to make a fully informed choice
- Visiting shows to the college that you are genuinely interested.
- College application is a complex process and visit will save you time and cost.
Top 10 Questions to Ask On a College Tour
Here are some questions to ask during a college tour.
The Basic Questions
- The basic question covers questions such as
- Why did you choose this school?
- How accessible are financial aids, administrators and registrar’s?
- Are you happy here?
- What is your number one complaint about the school?
- What are your school strengths?
- What room are they for improvement?
The Academic Questions?
- What are the most popular majors?
- Is study abroad popular?
- Are lecturers available for research?
- Does your major require a capstone project or independent study?
- How big are your classes?
- Do student use writing centers or on-campus tutoring programs?
- Are you satisfied with the academic advising?
- Are your lecturers good teachers?
- What is your favorite class?
- Which department has the best reputation?
- Are the classes taught by professors or associate lecturers?
- How much reading and writing is needed in your course?
Campus life Questions
- What about school spirit, is there a lot?
- What is the status of sport in the campus?
- How easy is it to get around the campus?
- Is there WIFI on Campus and is it free?
- Are there enough computer Labs
- What are the facilities in the school like in regards to science labs, libraries, theatres, gyms etc?
- Where do you like to study?
- What is your favorite place on campus?
- Are there frats and do students belong
- What are the most popular clubs among students?
- What is it like to be a first year student?
- What is a typical day in the campus like?
- How much time do student spend studying per week?
- What are the student activities off lectures?
- WHat are social scenes like?
- How is the food?
- Do student stay of camp?
Career Service Questions
- Are internship available and how can they be found?
- What kind of practical experience can be gotten outside the classroom?
- How visible is the school alumni outside the school?
- Who are some of the notable graduates of the school?
- How easy is it to find summer jobs and other kind of work through the school?
- Do employers recruit students in the campus?
- Is career service helpful?
- Are there opportunities or building leadership skills?
Student Body Questions
- Are students in the campus cliquish?
- Do students interact easily especially those of other races?
- Are students from other countries other than America much?
- What makes the student body of the school unique?
- Is there diversity on the campus?
- In what way can the students be described?
- Are the students friendly to hang around?
Conclusion on Top 10 Questions to Ask On a College Tour
There you go! You have actually had more than 10 questions, there are over 50 questions here. Asking these questions, will certainly help to give you some clarity regarding the choice you make on the college to attend. What do you think? Do you have ideas of any other question to ask? Please share your opinion below.