If you are a North Carolina resident student enrolled as an undergraduate in at least nine credit hours at a qualifying private North Carolina campus then you are welcome to apply for the NC Need-Based Scholarship Program.
College Foundation of North Carolina has initiated this NC Need-based scholarship for the students who demonstrate financial need attending private institutions of higher education located in North Carolina. This scholarship helps the students with their financial requirements and help them to have a stress free academic years.
What is NC Need-Based Scholarship?
The North Carolina Need-Based Scholarship is awarded by the North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority to eligible students with substantial financial need. Individual scholarship amounts vary according to the federal Expected Family Contribution (EFC). Awards are estimated until eligibility and enrollment level are confirmed and funds are received.
- Be a North Carolina resident as well as a North Carolina resident student for tuition purposes, as defined by North Carolina Residency Manual
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate student in at least 9 credit hours at a qualifying private North Carolina campus
- Demonstrate a certain level of financial need based on calculated Expected Family Contribution (EFC) from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Meet requirements for the Federal Pell Grant (except the EFC range used for Federal Pell Grant awards)
Created by the 2011 North Carolina General Assembly, this is a need-based program for North Carolina residents attending private institutions of higher education located in North Carolina.
- Applicants must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) listing at least one qualifying private North Carolina institution.
Consideration for funding is automatic once the FAFSA is filed. The FAFSA opens on October 1. Applicants should meet priority deadlines established by their institution. Late applicants may be denied if insufficient funds are available.
Eligibility is based on a calculation of need, using data from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students with EFCs of 16,000 or less are eligible.
Winning students will get the funds up to $7,340 to fulfill their educational needs like tuition, fees, and others during their studies. The program aims to support and encourage the students to complete their education without financial stress. It motivates them to maintain an excellent academic record.
How To Apply NC Need-Based Scholarship
To be considered for this state program, a student must:
- complete a FAFSA;
- receive an official residency classification (and accompanying Residency Certification Number or RCN) from the North Carolina Residency Determination Service (RDS)
- Wake Forest will receive RCN classification through the state grant website and determine NC Need Based award eligibility to include in financial aid package.
If you are eligible, then you can apply for the program by filling the FAFSA application form. All the details demonstrating their financial needs should be supplied in the form. All the details and the other supporting documents needed for the program should be provided to any of the qualifying private North Carolina institutions. Applications should be submitted prior to the deadline; late applications will not be accepted
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) should be submitted
- All the other details required for the program should be provided
Up to $7,640 (12 credit hours)
Until funds are exhausted